First Aid Training
Why first aid training is crucial in the workplace
In the event of injury or sudden illness, failure to respond appropriately could result in a casualty’s death. And it’s up to employers to ensure that a worker who is injured or taken ill receives immediate attention.
Employers are under a legal obligation to provide appropriate equipment and an adequate number of trained and qualified first aiders.
It’s important to be aware that the Health and Safety Executive will prosecute in cases where there is a significant risk, a disregard for established standards or persistent poor compliance with the law.
In addition, from September 2016, new nursery and pre-school staff will be legally required to undertake a paediatric first aid qualification.
Under current rules, early years providers must have at least one paediatric first-aider available at all times. The new regulations will mean that thousands more staff will be able to respond to emergencies more quickly.
At West Yorkshire based EP Risk, our qualified consultants are able to offer a variety of courses to ensure your employees are trained to a high standard.
Courses offered by EP Risk Consultancy
- Paediatric first aid training for teachers and parents
- Adult emergency first aid at work
- First aid at work
- Defibrillator and Evac-Chair training
- They are qualified, experienced and registered
- Our background is in the military and emergency services
- We are CRB/DBS certified
- Courses are OFSTED approved, Qualsafe registered and Ofqual regulated
- Our new, fully equipped training centre is in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, but we can also come to you.
- Prices are competitive
- We offer bespoke courses and training programmes.