HSE inspectors restart spot checks on businesses
Inspectors are out and about checking that employers are complying with health and safety law.
Being COVID-secure means being adaptable to the current guidance and putting measures in place to control the risk of coronavirus to protect workers and others.
There are five practical steps that businesses can take:
- Carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment in line with HSE guidance
- Develop increased cleaning, hand washing and hygiene procedures
- Take all reasonable steps to help people work from home
- Maintain 2m social distancing where possible
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, manage transmission risk
The HSE says: “By law, employers have a duty to protect workers and others from harm and this includes taking reasonable steps to control the risk and protect people from coronavirus. It’s important that workers are aware of the measures that will be put in place to help them work safely.”